What’s near Booklovers
Wellington is a compact city, you can walk from Booklovers to:
- The closest restaurants (Greek and Thai) at the bottom of Pirie St, 5 mins.
- Courtenay Place - cafes, live theatre (Bats and Downstage) and cinemas (The Embassy, Paramount), Whitcoulls bookshop within 10 mins.
- Te Papa/national museum within 15 mins.
- Downtown: Lambton Quay/The Terrace etc within 30 mins.
- Mount Victoria summit – through the green belt bush/forest next to house in 20 mins.
- Oriental Bay beachfront, promenade and Freyberg swimming pool – either through bush tracks or by road, within 20 mins.
- Oriental Parade, Wellington
We give you maps with Booklovers marked, and copies of Sarah Bennett’s guidebook The Best of Wellington.
- Take a Railway Station bus from across the road – via Courtenay Place, Cuba St, Lambton Quay.
- Take a No 2, 5 or 6 bus from Wellington Railway Station to Booklovers (via Lambton Quay, Courtenay Place). Ask the driver for “the stop before the bus tunnel” and get off in front of Booklovers.
- To go to Zealandia/Karori Wildlife Sanctuary, take a No 3 bus from Courtenay Place – and get off after bus goes through a tunnel.
For information on bus and train timetables, phone 04 801 7000.